11/18/2011

Airport Waiting

While the air roars overhead
Methodical. Arrhythmic. Pulsing.
While the seconds tick away
Tick. Tock. Humming.
While cars stop and go
Lights on. Lights off. Horns.
While I await your arrival
I don't dare breath until
Your touch down
Into my heart
Again

4 comments:

  1. It's interesting how we internalize certain events... certain happenings. It all seems so everyday... but nothing in life is just that simple.

    Lovely, this piece. And it brings such familiar feelings. Thank you, Kim.

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, wanted to thank you for your comment on my poetry blog and say thanks for reading!

    I think I'll be back here again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevine - thank you. so much of how i think and feel is the result of comparing external events with reflective meaning... not sure what that means. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciera - you are most welcome. i'm very glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete

Whew! For a moment I thought you were leaving without commenting. Thanks!