9/01/2010

Wacky Worrisome Words



No matter how hard I try, I still make spelling mistakes and there are a few words I always get wrong:
were, versus we’re
calendar
form versus from
your verses you’re

It isn’t that I don’t know the difference; it is just in the day-to-day practice of writing I often type or choose the wrong one. What about you? Are there words that give you fits?

2 comments:

  1. There are several that continue to puzzle me. I wonder perhaps if my initial imprinting of their spelling was off and now I am destined to misspell them for all eternity. Luckily, with spell check, I am aware of my errors and can remedy them.

    Two that come to mind: (and yes, I spell corrected these as I typed them for this comment)

    conducive (I always try and change the last 'c' to an 's')

    thorough (too many 'o's' and 'u's' for one word)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    Oh, those words are my suspects too... I have to take extra time to edit text, and still, they sometimes sneak in...
    Oh, well, the context usually workes it out ok.
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete

Whew! For a moment I thought you were leaving without commenting. Thanks!