8/16/2009

Listening Badly

You don’t mean badly of it

Your constant chatter

About your thoughts, life moments

Ongoing strident tones

Filling every silence to brimming


I don’t mean badly of it

Listening half heartily

To worn tires chatting

Over tired pavement

Rhythms rising from empty drums

6 comments:

  1. I leave this one laughing. Hope that's ok. There's balance in it. We all find our balance together, one way or another.

    Thanks for your kind words my way. (Yes, I am Erin. I'm Woman in a Window, too, although that part of me is going through a transformation as of late and I'm not so sure what I'll be doing with that blog. I thank you for the support though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great embodiment of the gender stereotypes. Very much enjoyed the piece. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WIW - Laugh away. I was smiling when I wrote it.

    kondratas - gender indeed, but which is which?

    Taylor - i KNEW you would understand. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dena! I've gotten two "love this" from you in less than a week! --does happy dance--

    ReplyDelete

Whew! For a moment I thought you were leaving without commenting. Thanks!