2/08/2009

Life Sharpening

I don’t care how good you are, life is formidable! 

I am thinking today that living life on life’s terms is a lot like the impact of the knife blade on the wet stone. You explore the analogy for yourself, and if you like, share your thoughts in the comments below. 

I’d love to read them.

3 comments:

  1. Always good to have the spark. And sometimes the jolt is also good. Of course, the smoothness of the stone is a good offset for the flashiness of the knife, so each in balance.

    Om.

    \m/

    here from tanya's

    rashbre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim, I'm here from NetChick's place :-)

    Life isn't formidable, it's terrifying...but we can manage one day at a time as long as we don't try and do it all at once...

    cq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oftentimes we feel that we are living life on our terms however, most of the time we are just reacting to the events and experiences that have happened to us. We search for meaning in relationships, we are the blade sharpened by the wet stone (the people and books that influence us).

    I came from Christopher's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Whew! For a moment I thought you were leaving without commenting. Thanks!